Known for strengthening hair, preventing breakage, and allowing fuller and longer hair growth. No additives or other ingredients. Totally pure and undiluted. Made in Chad. M-P466
Authentic Chebe powder from The Republic of Chad in Central Africa.
Chebe (pronounced shea bay) powder is a traditional hair growth remedy from Chad, Africa. It has been used for generations to increase hair growth and prevent breakage. All natural, and only available from plants in this remote part of Africa. M-P410
Chebe is the secret to very long hair in Chad. In Chad women’s hair often goes past their waist. For African women elsewhere, this length of hair is almost never seen. Moisturizes hair and prevents breakage. The Basara women in Chad are known to have very long hair. They cover their hair in a home made mixture that keeps their hair super moisturized and lubricated which is the reason given for why they say their hair never breaks; even from childhood. This is made with ingredients that are only found in Chad and Sudan. Unlike shea butter and other hair moisturizers, Chebe penetrates the hair shaft to prevent breakage like nothing else. Also de-tangles easily making hair easier to manage. Chebe oil can be used daily.
Lavender Croton, Prunus Mahaleb, Reisin, Clove, Gum Arabic, Vegetable Oil, Perfume.
How Chebe is made
- The Chebe seeds, mahellaba soubianne, and cloves are individually grilled and separated. Then individually ground into a fine powder in a sort of mortar and pestle set up and those ground powders are also separated.
- The powders are then combined in the same mortar and mixed together, a few spoonfuls of the oil/grease mixture are added in and the container set aside, then that is all mixed together giving the once fine powder a texture closer to soil.
- The Missic and Resin are then ground together into a powder and added to the "soil-like" mixture..
How to use:
- Dampen the hair.
- Apply the Chebe mixture. You can alternate between the scented oil/hair grease mix and the chebe powder mix until the hair is fully saturated.
- Re-braid the hair. Once the braiding is done, wet it again with water.
- For best results, repeat the routine every 3 to 5 days.